Sunday, December 2, 2007

I have finally found a study to shadow!!

After searching forever, I have found a study to shadow its method. I am doing a case study over media's negative portrayal of muslims. I found a study that the Mayor of London conducted. Ken Livingstone commissioned a study of media coverage of Islam in the UK media. The study was performed by looking at the British press over the course of a week. There were 352 articles found of which 91% referred to Muslims or Islam in a negative light. The results were very staggering. I have a much better outlook on how I will conduct my own study based of the method used to conduct the latter study. I am finding it intersting, that the more I ask people what they believe about the media's portrayal of Muslims, the more I am realizing people really have no idea who Muslims are as a people. This is extremely devastating since they are not being informed through the news media. Hopefully, through my own little study I will have a better understanding of just how big the problem is, and maybe how it can be solved.

No comments: